Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
NOC for property transfer from siblings
#1
1.Relinquishment deed is a legal document where a person gives up or releases his legal rights of the property in favor of some other person. Where as NOC stands for ‘no objection certificate’ that certifies for instance that the person signing the NOC does not have any objection to the property being transferred in your name. Your father can transfer property he legally owns to you or anyone else he wishes to do so. NOC from siblings is beneficial in case there is a dispute at a later stage where siblings claim a share and dispute the transfer of their fathers property. Claims such as property transfer was done due to coercion or misrepresentation are not uncommon. Furthermore, in case your father also inherited the property from his ancestors, then he may not be able to transfer it to you without getting NOCs from all siblings and perhaps other relatives who may have an interest in the property.Getting NOC from siblings, would to some extent avoid problems later. The cost of getting a NOC drafted would depend on the person drafting the NOC. You should get this done by a lawyer who handles property matters. People advertise drafting NOCs for as low as Rupees 500 but you need a good lawyer and they probably are not the cheapest!

2.Whether your fathers will is going to be challenged, nobody can forecast. It would depend on your relatives if they wish to contest. Just about anything can be challenged in courts these days. Hopefully your fathers will is registered, as registration does help. Even though registration is not compulsory when it comes to making a will in India, it will help in case the will is challenged when the person who made the will is not there to defend it. When a will is registered it Infers that the person who made the will and the witnesses who signed the will have in fact appeared before the registering officers who after verifying their identities have attested the will.There is no restriction on OCI holders acquiring any number of properties in India. So you can acquire any number of properties in your name in Delhi or in Gurgaon, Noida or Ghaziabad.
Note: A word of advice to all readers, always consult a lawyer before taking any steps when it comes to wills and property matters. Seeking professional help and guidance may be cheaper in the long run. In case you are wondering, I don’t recommend any particular lawyer in India, so you will have to do your homework before hiring one
Reply
#2
My father recently passed away. His legal hiers are my mother, my sister and myself. He had 95% shares in a flat in Mumbai and the remaining 5% were my mothers. As per his will my late father has nominated my sister for his flat and other assets may be given to me, but has stated that if his wife survives him, she is to enjoy the property and all assets and will have full authority to change part or full text of the will as circumstances so demand. My mother has sent me an Affidavit titled: "to be given by a nominee, if there are more nominees/hiers than one" and the three of us have been listed there. It further states that the three of us have agreed that she should become a member of the society and that all my late father's shares should be transferred to her and that if there is a claim by any other person, the three of us would bear all legal expenses..
Reply
#3
Ga20CHCHmpXXXIFlJoReHaRoWeIISwIVGeLaKeTeXIOlDaArVaEmAtOrSkNa
XXCaAdMaXXXVOLOrHeNiPaADJoLiCrSeLiBiPuOmCoMuJeRAMaLPHiXXDe
RaRiChFECiYiXVGWJoJoWiJeCDDaSaEmFrENXVLaTEZeXIXXDCAuZeXVMi
ksXVUSAgpkIIStJoIILoLyRuKaXIJoFiWiVIFeStMaAbAgBiDaChKuChZe
XXXXUSCrJeFoInCDCoFUMoUSLoZSWIRROzPaARJBPeThBlScSEFaPRBlAA
BoThFoPoPRPhLGSpAdCaCrToSiExSaAGXVToThJaLaXIcrFyChIlXIThCD
JeBoXXKiSuErPeSeLiToJaBeVIMcXIRuJeAswwPlLeWISaXIBeWIGeErHu
XIJeVaUSThMaChCoRoBiGuDoRaInmaCoJeLo
Reply




Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
<