Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
ILR status in UK leaving UK for two years or more
If you can get a valid returning resident visa, then you may be able to return to UK with your old passport that has the ILR stamp to prove your ILR status. The only problem here seems to be explaining the reason of your extended stay if you have been out of UK for two or more years. If you are currently in Uzbekistan then perhaps the British Embassy there may be able to guide you. The other alternative would be to contact a qualified immigration consultant in UK for help
There are seven requirements for naturalisation. The applicant:-

must be aged 18 or over.
must be of sound mind.
must intend to continue living in the UK, or to continue in Crown service, the service of an international organisation of which the UK is a member, or the service of a company or association established in the UK.
must be able to communicate in English, Welsh or Scottish Gaelic to an acceptable degree.
must have sufficient knowledge of life in the UK.
must be of good character.
must meet the residential requirements.

There are several residential requirements. The applicant must:-

have been resident in the UK for at least five years (this is known as the residential qualifying period); and
have been present in the UK five years before the date of your application; and
not have spent more than 450 days outside the UK during the five-year period; and
not have spent more than 90 days outside the UK in the last 12 months of the five-year period; and
not have been in breach of the Immigration Rules at any stage during the five-year period.

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)